Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm A Big Kid Now!

In order to graduate I have to complete a senior capstone project. The idea behind the Senior project, is to prepare the students for their future careers. Since I am working as an event hostess and I would like to be an even coordinator I decided it would be a good idea to plan an event. I talked with Megan one of the girls that I work with and she agreed. Megan has kind of been my mentor through my time working with 23rd Floor Events Center. She was the one that I talked to at Kristen and Cam’s wedding that eventually got me that job there. She is the one that has trained me on everything I know at work. She has been a huge blessing to me.

I haven’t seen my boss in about 4 or 5 weeks, so I decided to send her an email. I told her that I needed to do a Senior project and I thought that it would be a good idea if I planned an event with the help of one of the girls (one of the coordinators). She emailed me back and told me that I had been doing a great job at the company and that she thought that was a great idea! She told me that she wanted me to plan 2 events and work with 2 different coordinators because they each do things a little differently and that way I can pick up and make my own style from there.
I am so excited!! I finally get to start planning events!

I am on my way to becoming an official Event Coordinator!

No comments: