So, I can finally talk a little bit about this big event that we had at work that I couldn't talk about. So here it is... American Idol did their final round before Hollywood with us!
After the huge cattle call they did at the E-Center, they came back about a month later; they did an Executive Producer round, all before the contestants could meet the judges. After the EP round they did their final judging with us!! They then came on Tuesday afternoon, to unload all their equipment. That took a few hours! In the mean time I was working an event with the EN auction and my friend Chad. I also had my caterers setting up in the Wasatch for an early morning breakfast for the US Postal Service. My event with EN auction was over and all cleaned up, but 2 women had shown up and were “supposed to meet with the American Idol producers" about what they were supposed to be doing that night. an hour after my event was over My caterers were still setting up and had about 2 more hours of set up to do, and my A.I mystery girls were still waiting. I was told at one point that someone would be coming to stay the night to watch all the equipment, but these women were not told that is what they would be doing because no producers ever showed up. Megan the event coordinator I was working with that night who had left earlier that evening told me that I could leave before the caterers were done. The hardest thing I have ever done since I have worked there, was that night. I left the caterers still working and left two random people in my events center!! I am always the last one to leave; it was very hard to do that!
Well I got to work at 130 on Thursday and that was when the fun and craziness started! I can’t even begin to describe what it was like to be there! There were contestants running everywhere American Idol workers everywhere! It was Very over whelming! All the Producers and those who are employed with American Idol are incredibly nice! I was very surprised at how nice they all were to the 23rd floor employees. Colleen had to leave early in the day because she had to go to class, so it was just Megan Paige Lisa (my boss) and me! So when all was said and done, Lisa was determined that we would get an employee picture! So as we ventured into the audition room, where the judges were ran into Ryan! So Lisa not being the smiley cheesy girl put on a sweet face and asked him for an employee picture! Ryan was really nice and jumped right in! Right before we took the picture Randy and Simon walked out and jumped in our picture too!! By the way, I look like a giant next to Ryan and a midget next to Randy! :) We then went into the judging room and got a picture with the 4th judge, after that the guy who took the picture for us had us all sit behind the judging table and took out picture! It was a very fun day!
That is my very long but nut shell version of what happened with American Idol! It was very exciting for our company too! I guess Simon loved our place and our view, so maybe they will come back next year!!!! We can hope right? :)
9 years ago


1 comment:
This is SO exciting!!! If I only knew!!!
Post a Comment