So I know it has been a long time since my last post! I'm sorry!
A lot has happened in the past month. I have made a few trips to California, started my new job, found a fabulous townhouse I am moving into the week before graduation and had Pneumonia! My life has been full of a lot of ups and downs the past month.
I finally found a great little town house in Provo! I am moving into the week before graduation! I am so excited! I will post pictures when I finally move.
My new job at Noah's is pretty fun. They people I work with are funny and very entertaining. I do a lot of event set ups and take downs, so I did get tendinitis again my first week working. That was not so fun! I like my job, and it will do for a while, but It is no 23rd Floor! :( I think I got a little spoiled up there, and nothing will be like it was there. I miss my 23rd Floor girls!
I made a trip to California the week after I started working to go to my sisters baby shower and to see my Aunt Joyce who wasn't doing so well. It was a fun weekend. I got to spend time with My sister and see my family. Becky's baby shower was great! Aunt Terri and Barbie did a great job! I helped then decorate all morning, and Terri made an awesome cake with a surf scene on it! It was a great day! That weekend I also go to spend a little bit of time with Aunt Joyce. She stopped by the baby shower to say hello for just a few minuets before it started. I then stopped by the day before I flew back to Utah and spent an hour visiting with her and Aunt Judy. It was nice to have a chance to say goodbye.
As many of you know Joyce passed away a few weeks ago. She was an amazing woman. She really was like a second Mom to me. She was the one that would pick me up from school, when my mom forgot me. She took care of me quite a few times when I was little and home sick, while mom was at school. She touched the lives of everyone she came in contact with.
She had such a strong spirit, such strong faith in the gospel, and was one of the most caring and giving people I have met.
I will never forget the many emails she sent me while I was in college, asking me how I was doing and she always asked who I was dating. When ever she would come out to Utah she would make sure to invite me to have dinner or go play with everyone. I will never forget the countless family dinners these past few years.
My favorite Aunt Joyce story would have to be, when she tried to set me up on a date. This was back in July. I remember sitting at her kitchen table with her and her calling a guy my age from her ward who she taught in seminary. She left a message on his voice mail saying that her niece was in town and that she thought he should give me a call and take me out. She was so excited to call him, but as soon as she had to leave a message she got all nervous, it was pretty funny. She wanted so badly for me to find a nice guy to date. She was such a sweet person and she wanted to do anything and everything she could to help. And I could never thank her enough for that.
p.s. He never called
My Aunt Joyce was one of the most inspirational women I have ever met. She was tender, kind, loving, and sincere. Words can not express how much I miss her and will continue to miss her but I know that I will see her again. I love you Aunt Joyce!
9 years ago


3 comments:
I loved this post. I am glad you found a great place to live. I love what you wrote about Joyce. She is very wonderful and she made all of us feel so special. I know she felt a special fondness and maternalness for you and Becky. And I know you must feel like I do--sad that she isn't going to get to share your future. But we all will remember her with a lot of love and gratitude.
Jennie this is probably my favorite post you have ever written. The way you talk about your aunt is so full of love and really touched my heart. I know whenever you talk about her and the ways she blessed your life it will inspire others to live with such faith and kindness. I'm so sorry for this loss but I'm also so impressed and proud of you and the way that you see the situation. It's really uplifting and I hope you know that this post touched my heart in a special way.
Jenny I loved what you wrote about my mom. It was really sweet. She loved you too!
Post a Comment