Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Clumsy is graceful , right?

Halloween this year was quite the night. I went to LDS party with the girls from work.
I met up with Colleen and we met Paige and Megan at the dance. We were quite the little group.
Megan was Curela Deville and her Hubby Josh was a Dalmatian... it was great!
Colleen was a prego white-trash looking hick! It was awesome!! She actually looked pregnant.
Paige was the cutest little flapper!
Me... I was part of the Russian mafia. (Don’t ask me why Russian... but that is what I was)

The dance that we went to was up the canyon in Salt Lake. So, if anyone hasn't been up the canyon at night... there is no light up there. Once we got the place where the party was it was raining and the LONG walk we had was gravel, and dark. /I just about rolled my ankle like 4 times. But I survived and safely made it inside. The dance wasn't all the great, but hanging out with the girls outside of work was a blast!

At about 10:30 I left the party to go meet up with a guy friend that I had met at one of the parties I had worked on the 23rd Floor about a month ago. As I was leaving I had to walk that dark uneven road by myself in 4" heels. Uneven ground and heels are not so good. As I almost fell a few times, I did successfully make it to my car without falling. I thought since I made it through that I was safe for the night.

I met up with my friend and one of his friend's parties and we hung out there for a while. Well, long story short we at one point were walking down an incredibly steep hill, uneven ground in the dark (again), I didn't have my glasses on ( ya I know I’m bright right?) and what happens... I FALL!! Completely bail! The first time I hang out with this cute guy and I fall! I was so embarrassed, but I shook it off and pretended like I was fine. I have never had a guy feel so bad for me falling; surprisingly he didn’t even make fun of me. I would have made fun of me! It was great.

That did set the tone for my week though. So I fall on Friday, I ran into a table at work on Saturday, and Monday I cut myself on a piece of glass while moving a box. I just hope my week gets better from here. At this rate I may have stitches by the end of the week. I thought dancers were supposed to be graceful!!

3 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

OH penny don't you know its the Calloway curse to fall all the time. Look at your crazy sister she falls all the time and now she is preggo and runs into everything and I do mean everything!

Joyce Jarrard said...

I met Craig by falling! He helped me up. That's how we met!

Casey&Mal said...

HAHAHAA!!! You poor thing...you're going to be funny when you get prego...I stumble when I'm sitting down I'm so clumsy now! Miss you! We need to get together....